1/15/2014

Food Cart Review: Thai Mango

Pad Thai, one of the more common Thai dishes (Photo credit)


Review: I've only had one thing here: the sticky rice with mango.  It was delicious, the rice was sweet without being overpowering, and the mango was great with it.  They could have put a bit more coconut sauce over it, but I didn't mind that too much.  The second time I was there, I brought two friends along, who ordered entrees (I ordered my main meal from Maine Street Lobster Company).  They really liked the food as well, and one of them orders Thai food quite a bit.  If she likes a certain Thai place, it's probably good.  I might go back sometime and order an entree myself.

Geography: Thai food is one of the more popular cuisines for food carts in Portland.  Why is that?

First of all, Portland is extremely vegetarian-friendly.  I've been to a lot of eateries in Portland, and only a select few do not accomodate vegetarians.  Even vegetarian nachos are a thing in Portland (Taqueria Lindo Michoacan has one on the menu).  With Thai food being a naturally vegetarian-friendly cuisine, it is not surprising that Portland has many Thai restaurants and food carts.  In fact, a visit to Portland is not complete without eating at one.


Photo credit:

1. By Takeaway (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write a comment...